Welcome

Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am brand new to this so hope you will encourage me in my new pursuit of blogging by posting a comment to help me keep going. I think this is all going to be a bit of a journey so hope you might find something that will interest you. I have long had dreams of having something in print and this seems like the best way to go about it...and it's free!!
The only writing I have ever really done is a shopping list every now and again and I always manage to lose that on route to the supermarket so it's never done me much good.

So, here's to blogging and here's to maybe making a few new friends through it.

Rachel.

Thursday 15 October 2009

Birthday thoughts.

I have had a birthday. Interestingly it has come exactly a year after my last one and yet somehow I don't feel any older than I did at the last one!

It was a great day. The kids all snuggled up in bed with me and gave me presents and hugs and the Vicar that lives here made sure that it was a festival more than a birthday and he really spoiled me.

I suppose birthdays can really be a time for reflection on what has happened during the last 12 months. Have I achieved anything, am I a better person than I was, have the goals I set for myself been realised, did I even set any goals?

I do find as I get older that my goals are fewer, more easily summed up and are really based on my every day walk with Jesus.My over riding goal, or perhaps desire is a better word, is to reach the place where I can honestly say that Jesus is enough for me, that if I had nothing else he would be sufficient, that to know him completely is my completeness.

I have the most incredible blessings in my life. Amazing children, a faithful and loving husband and wonderful friendships. I live constantly with God's blessings all around me and I am so thankful. But more than his blessing I long to know him better, to hear his voice;to know the Blesser not just the blessings.

With love,

Rachel.

No comments: